To set the record straight I am not condoning stealing. I am pretty sure (except for the blankets) the hospital has no problem with you taking the left over supplies from your room. You paid for them right? Leave them behind and you’ll just have to shell out more money at the store later.
- Wash Basin – Good for giving the baby a sponge bath until the umbilical cord comes off. Great for washing bottles as well.
- Diapers – You will be neededing a lot of these.
- Thermometer – Instead of registering for one just keep the one from the hospital.
- Surgical Scrub Brush/Sponge – The scrub brush is perfect for washing baby’s scalp. I used it for my first child for over a full year. Also great for cleaning your toddler’s grumby nails.
- Peri Bottle – Grab one for you and one for the baby. Great for your private parts and works well for rinsing shampoo off a newborns head.
- Bulb Syringe – For all those baby boogers.
- Large Maxi Pads – Trust me you will need these. Doesn’t matter if you have a c-section or vaginal birth.
- Disposable Panties – Do you really want to ruin your good underwear?
- Newborn Hat – Perfect for those first few short weeks when a 0-3 month sized hat is just too big.
- Receiving Blankets – Multiple uses and provides a great memory.
Note: If you didn’t get a chase to swipe a receiving blanket from the hospital you can purchase them here.
Question: What did you swipe from the hospital? Did you find anything useful that I didn’t include in the above list?