I am bummed. I’m totally out of coconut oil. While swirling my fingers along the edges of the jar to salvage any possible remains, I realized it was time to feature my favorite coconut oil as my product of the week. It’s a purchase we can both make together!
I love finding great products that I truly love and confidently recommending them to you (my reader). As I refill my personal stock of my favorite products, I write about them. I am about to purchase more and you should purchase some too, because as my disappointing face shows…we’re both living sadly sans coconut oil.
But Kelly what will I do with 30 oz. of coconut oil? And why would life with a jar of coconut oil be that much better?
Well glad you asked! Here are a few fabulous ideas:
- First separate the 30 oz into two jars. One for your kitchen and one for your bathroom (or where ever you keep your body care products).
- Apply a small amount to the ends of your hair. Coconut oil is an amazing natural conditioner for your hair. It contains essential proteins for nourishing damaged hair. Plus it give your hair a nice shine.
- Apply it to your scalp before you wash your hair. Regularly massaging your head with coconut oil helps fight dandruff.
- Apply to your feet. Coconut oil is antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal, and antibacterial which should cure those stinky feet and athlete’s foot.
- Use it as a replacement for mineral oil. It is better for you and the environment!
- Put it on your baby’s butt. Yep, it works wonders on diaper rash too.
- Eat it! Replace butter and other oils in your diet. Coconut oil adds a nice flavor to your food and has a lot of health benefits.
I am CRAZY for this virgin coconut oil (a.k.a. VCO) and you will be too!
As a parent, I am always on the lookout for books and toys that share my values and depict real world scenarios in age appropriate ways. This beautifully illustrated book and puppet set are a great tool for not only raising bilingual children, but for teaching children to never settle, to take the path less traveled and most importantly, that love is color blind.
Meet Lola. She may live on a simple little chicken farm but she is no simple little chicken.
All the other (simple) chickens squabble and fuss trying to get the attention of the big, bold self-involved rooster.
Every day, the big bold self-involved rooster picks one of the chickens to sit next to him. An honor for any simple chicken.
But Lola, didn’t want to sit next to the rooster. She wanted to sit next to someone special-someone who loves her and only her. So Lola decided that the simple chicken farm was too complicated and stepped outside the safety of the fence in search of something more. (BTW – The rooster’s ego was crushed and he learned his lesson)
Lola traveled far and picked her own path declaring, “Now it’s my turn to choose!”
Meet the fox. This can’t be good, right? Don’t foxes eat chickens? But who is to say that all foxes are bad…
This Set includes:
- hardcover bilingual (English/Spanish) Lola Book with 32 pages of beautiful colorful illustrations
- Lola Puppet
- Fox Puppet
The Bottom Line:
You definitely can’t find cuter puppets to teach your kids about such love. Your son/daughter (your more human version of the less simple chicken, Lola) will love it! Once you’ve received your book and puppets please comment on this post to let me know how much your kiddos loved it.
Carry your laptop in style! SERIOUSLY, not a day goes by that I don’t get one or more (okay let’s call it average of 3) compliments on my laptop sleeve.
Usually, I just try to act cool, you know-smile and say, “thank you.” Try to pretend looking so fab comes naturally. Give them that shrug like, “yep, that’s how I roll.”
But really, I’m dying to strike up an lengthy conversation about how much I LOVE it, how much constant attention I get from it, and how FABULOUS I feel as I carry my laptop around in style.
What they would never believe, is that it only costs $27 bucks. Not bad considering it successfully protects my precious laptop that, let’s face it, contains pretty much my entire life.
So here’s the bottom line: This oilcloth laptop sleeve in Toile White (or any other color for that matter) is a high quality fashion item at a reasonable price.
- fully padded interior
- dimensions are 15″ x 2″ x 1″
- zippered sleeve
- outside pocket to carry extra papers, cords, etc.
Oh, and THEN, once you’ve received your sleeve… please comment on this post to let me know how much you love it too