This past weekend we celebrated Linden’s first birthday. Once again we may have gone a little overboard, but when it comes to my daughters I honestly can’t help myself.
The party was attended by family
We were honored to have Gina Silverman from A Singin’ Marvel provide the entertainment. The kids loved her!
We all sang “Happy Birthday” while I made sure Linden didn’t catch on fire.
Linden ate her first cupcake…
but she didn’t seem to like it nearly as much as Ivey did at her age.
Ivey also had a great time, even after I explained that the presents were for Linden and not her
Don’t you just LOVE the shirt Linden is wearing? I found them on Etsy. They are made by Watching Me Grow, a wonderful mom-owned small business. Help support them by clicking here and liking them on Facebook!
Linden Estelle turned five months old today. I can’t believe how fast time is flying. To ensure I remember all these special moments I will be taking a “birthday” picture every month for her first 24 months as well as charting her developments.
Summary of Linden’s development this past month:
- Rolls over while on her back
- Will clasp her hands together
- Will pass objects from one hand to another
- Will play with her hands and toes
- Has become interested to animals. (i.e. reaches out to pet them)
- Will lift herself up to a sitting postion when sitting in a car seat, bouncy seat, swing, etc.
What? Are you looking at me?
Wanna watch me kick my feet?
Seriously, are we done yet? Will you please pick me up already?
Don’t you just LOVE the Onesie Linden is wearing? I found them on Etsy. They are made by Watch Me Grow, a wonderful mom owned small business. Help support them by clicking here and liking them on Facebook!
See the rest of this series:
Many people are surprised to find out that although a label says “natural and organic” what it may really mean is “contains natural and organic ingredients along with a bunch of other crap”.
As a mom, I have often been frustrated by brands that CLAIM to be natural and organic. This is one of the reasons why I blog about organic beauty. I want to be able to celebrate companies that are actually making real organic and natural products with quality ingredients.
Dolphin Organics is one of these companies.
While at Blogher11 I had the pleasure of meeting the founders of Dolphin Organics. I fell in love with their story and bonded over our mutual understanding that what we put on our body is just as important as what we put in our body.
I was eager to take their products for a test spin – they kindly provided me with a few samples and an adorable onesize for Linden.
Here are the top ten things I like about Dolphin Organics:
- The labels are straightforward, simple and easy to read so I know exactly what is in them!
- Instead of being filled with water the first ingredient is ALOE. This provides a more concentrated and stable product.
- The packaging is made with Post Consumer Recycled material.
- The products are never tested on animals.
- The shampoo and body wash actual has a nice lather which is often hard to find in a natural product.
- The products are tear-free so it doesn’t bug our babies eyes.
- The products are truly unscented.
- The products are hypoallergenic.
- The conditioner does a great job of detangling hair and doesn’t weigh down beautiful curls.
- Great price point compared to other organic and natural products.
About Dolphin Organics
Dolphin Organics™ is a New York based family-owned and operated company committed to making the best, most honest organic and natural products for your baby. For more information and to place an order check out dolphinorganics.com. You can also follow them on Twitter and friend them on Facebook.
Have you read the ingredients on the back of your baby’s beauty products?