Many people are surprised to find out that although a label says “natural and organic” what it may really mean is “contains natural and organic ingredients along with a bunch of other crap”.
As a mom, I have often been frustrated by brands that CLAIM to be natural and organic. This is one of the reasons why I blog about organic beauty. I want to be able to celebrate companies that are actually making real organic and natural products with quality ingredients.
Dolphin Organics is one of these companies.
While at Blogher11 I had the pleasure of meeting the founders of Dolphin Organics. I fell in love with their story and bonded over our mutual understanding that what we put on our body is just as important as what we put in our body.
I was eager to take their products for a test spin – they kindly provided me with a few samples and an adorable onesize for Linden.
Here are the top ten things I like about Dolphin Organics:
- The labels are straightforward, simple and easy to read so I know exactly what is in them!
- Instead of being filled with water the first ingredient is ALOE. This provides a more concentrated and stable product.
- The packaging is made with Post Consumer Recycled material.
- The products are never tested on animals.
- The shampoo and body wash actual has a nice lather which is often hard to find in a natural product.
- The products are tear-free so it doesn’t bug our babies eyes.
- The products are truly unscented.
- The products are hypoallergenic.
- The conditioner does a great job of detangling hair and doesn’t weigh down beautiful curls.
- Great price point compared to other organic and natural products.
About Dolphin Organics
Dolphin Organics™ is a New York based family-owned and operated company committed to making the best, most honest organic and natural products for your baby. For more information and to place an order check out dolphinorganics.com. You can also follow them on Twitter and friend them on Facebook.
Have you read the ingredients on the back of your baby’s beauty products?
About Kelly Tirman
Kelly Tirman is Natural Connector, Crowdsourcer, Curator and Change Management Professional specializing in Social Business. She currently works as an Enterprise Social Business Strategist for Wells Fargo however in her “free-time” Kelly blogs on several topics including Urban Living, Raising Multilingual Children, Organic Beauty and Social Commerce. She happily resides in San Francisco with her husband and two children.