Multilingual children need to hear their second languages spoken often. This is one of the reasons music can be a great educational tool. Words and phrases, even foreign ones, are much easier for kids (and adults) to remember when put to music. Here is a list of our favorite multilingual music. I hope you enjoy these recommendations as much as we do.
Baby and Toddler Music in French:
- Mes Bottles by Basho and Friends
- French Folk Songs for Children by Albert Miller
- Baby’s First Words in French
- Fun in French by Bilingual Birdies
- Let’s Sing and Dance in French!
- Songs in French for Children
Baby and Toddler Music in Spanish:
- Anything from Susy Dorn
- Aun Mas by Basho and Friends
- Anything from bilingual children’s singer Jose-Luis Orozco
- Baby’s First Words in Spanish
- Children’s Nursery Rhyme Songs In Spanish
- Speakin’ Spanish by Bilingual Birdies
Baby and Toddler Music in Mandarin Chinese:
- Nǐ Hǎo by by Basho and Friends
- Baby’s First Words in Chinese
- Movin’ to Mandarin by Bilingual Birdies
- Speak & Sing Chinese w/Mei Mei
What is your favorite Multilingual Music for Babies and Toddlers? Please leave a comment and let us know.
Note: We will continue to update this list as our family tests out new music. Please feel free to bookmark this post.