Multilingual children need to hear their second languages spoken often. This is one of the reasons music can be a great educational tool. Words and phrases, even foreign ones, are much easier for kids (and adults) to remember when put to music. Here is a list of our favorite multilingual music. I hope you enjoy these recommendations as much as we do.
Baby and Toddler Music in French:
- Mes Bottles by Basho and Friends
- French Folk Songs for Children by Albert Miller
- Baby’s First Words in French
- Fun in French by Bilingual Birdies
- Let’s Sing and Dance in French!
- Songs in French for Children
Baby and Toddler Music in Spanish:
- Anything from Susy Dorn
- Aun Mas by Basho and Friends
- Anything from bilingual children’s singer Jose-Luis Orozco
- Baby’s First Words in Spanish
- Children’s Nursery Rhyme Songs In Spanish
- Speakin’ Spanish by Bilingual Birdies
Baby and Toddler Music in Mandarin Chinese:
- Nǐ Hǎo by by Basho and Friends
- Baby’s First Words in Chinese
- Movin’ to Mandarin by Bilingual Birdies
- Speak & Sing Chinese w/Mei Mei
What is your favorite Multilingual Music for Babies and Toddlers? Please leave a comment and let us know.
Note: We will continue to update this list as our family tests out new music. Please feel free to bookmark this post.
About Kelly Tirman
Kelly Tirman is Natural Connector, Crowdsourcer, Curator and Change Management Professional specializing in Social Business. She currently works as an Enterprise Social Business Strategist for Wells Fargo however in her “free-time” Kelly blogs on several topics including Urban Living, Raising Multilingual Children, Organic Beauty and Social Commerce. She happily resides in San Francisco with her husband and two children.