Being that my daughter is roughly seven and a half months old, these pictures of her nursery seem a tad overdue. To be honest, like so many home improvement projects, her room will be a constant work in progress. As she continues to grow I will continue to modify and tweak it to meet her changing needs. Until then however, here are some of my favorite items that presently adorn Ivey’s nursery.
Years ago, during one of my many and frequent shopaholic D.I.N.K. binges, I met Bishop Lennon and purchased a small painting from her at Lavish. That same day, I promised myself that if I ever was lucky enough to have a baby I would somehow convince Bishop to create a painting for the nursery. Obviously, I succeed and I can’t express how thrilled I am with the painting Bishop created for my daughter. It is everything I could have hoped for and more.
I am not quite sure how old this pink Lucite Florida handbag is but I received it when I was only four years old. Originally it belonged to my Great Aunt Nita and it was gifted to me when she passed. Her passing was my first experience with death and somehow having this handbag accessible through my childhood kept her memory close. I look forward to Ivey playing with it, like I once did, even if it is considered a collector’s item by today’s standards.
Here is a list of all the products I re-purposed for this nursery:
- Silver piggy bank that was given to me when I worked at Bank of America
- Teddy Bear that was purchased from the UC Berkeley bookstore in the early 90’s
- Beautiful pink Lucite Florida handbag that I have had since I was four years old
Here is a list of all the products I purchased for this nursery:
- Custom painting by Bishop Lennon
- A perfect pink butterfly mobile from Etsy
- Baby Mod Parklane 3-in-1 crib
- Baby Mod Parklane 3 drawer changing table
- Baby Mod Parklane 5 drawer dresser
- Eames – Style Rocker by Modernica
- Pink rug that I found on super clearance at Sears
- Two Alseda stools from Ikea
What are your favorite items in your child’s nursery? Where did you find them and what do they mean to you?