Ivey Maudell turned eight months old today. I can’t believe how fast time is flying. To ensure I remember all these special moments I will be taking a “birthday” picture every month for her first 24 months as well as charting her developments.
Summary of Ivey’s development this past month:
- Has officially started to crawl
- Says “Mom, Dad, this, and hi” although we are pretty sure she doesn’t know what she is saying yet
- She loves to respond to music with body motion
- Will clap her hands together when asked
- Will prompt you to read one of her favorite books out load
- Will now cooperate when being dressed by pushing her arm into her sleeve
- Has started to learn that people and things exist even when she can’t see them (object permanence)
- Still does not have any teeth
- Finally has enough hair to sport a faux hawk
In the last month Ivey has eaten the following new organic solids:
Parsnips, Broccoli, Peaches, Strawberries, Pumpkin, Blueberries, Cauliflower, Squash and Dried Apricot.
See the rest of this series:
About Kelly Tirman
Kelly Tirman is Natural Connector, Crowdsourcer, Curator and Change Management Professional specializing in Social Business. She currently works as an Enterprise Social Business Strategist for Wells Fargo however in her “free-time” Kelly blogs on several topics including Urban Living, Raising Multilingual Children, Organic Beauty and Social Commerce. She happily resides in San Francisco with her husband and two children.