The Goal and Overall Plan:
Reach my goal weight (135 pounds) before my 35th birthday on April 9th.
I lost 1.5 pounds this week. Making it 7.5 pounds in 8 weeks. 24.5 pounds since I started my weight loss challenge in 2009 and 49.5 pounds since the day I went to the hospital to give birth to my daughter.
I have been working on my diet by making sure I get plenty of fruits and vegetables and drinking a ton of water.
Since I am making all of Ivey’s food I often supplement my diet with homemade baby food. This might sound weird at first but it is a quick way to ensure I get plenty of fruits and vegetables on a daily basis. Plus once you start using your imagination the possibilities are endless. Here are some examples of how I have incorporated homemade baby food into my diet:
- Add apple sauce to plain yogurt.
- Use pureed peas as a dip for celery and carrot sticks.
- Use any vegetable puree as a replacement for mayonnaise on a sandwich.
- Place a piece of chicken on a bed of warm sweet potato puree.
- Add apple sauce to pork and brown rice.
- Blend up a frozen banana for a yummy dessert.