So after 161 wonderful days of maternity leave I headed back to work today. It was hard, but thanks to a great class at Kaiser and workandpump.com I was well prepared. Here are a few suggestions I found helpful…
At least two weeks before returning to work:
- Clean out and update your closet
- Finalize child care arrangements
- Work with your manager to create a reentry plan
- Introduce the bottle
- Complete a “practice day“
The night before returning to work:
- Ensure your car has enough gas to get you to and from work for a few days
- Wash and blow dry your hair instead of waiting till the morning.
- Pack everything you need to bring to work (including your lunch).
- Layout (and try on) your clothes.
Although I LOVE my maternity leave uniform (a.k.a yoga wear) I was excited to wear work clothes again.
What I wore today:
- Black overcoat
- Black maternity pants (Japanese Weekend)
- A short sleeve nursing top (Japanese Weekend)
- Lightweight black cardigan
- Black flats
- Photo pendant (Walmart.com)
- A gorgeous green Morelle Truffle
I know most people wouldn’t be caught dead in maternity pants post pregnancy but honestly, these pants from Japanese Weekend are not your typical maternity wear. I wanted to look stylish and still feel comfortable. These pants do just that.